Sinus infection, also known as rhino sinusitis, is a seasonal allergy. This is an inflammation which is caused in the paranasal sinuses. The sinus can be caused due to various reasons – the causes can vary from allergy, infection or various autoimmune problems.
In general, most of the cases of sinus are caused because of viral infection and they can be easily resolved by doing a course of medicines for 10 days. The main tips to get rid of this problem are –
- Remain hydrated – you need to drink plenty of liquids – you should have more intakes of water, clear broth, hot tea and juices without any added sugar. These fluids have the property of removing or thinning out the mucus from the irritated sinuses. It is important that you avoid drinking alcohol, sugary beverages, smoking and caffeine.
- Try to dissolve the additional mucus – you should preferably take spicy food such as pepper, cinnamon which should be mixed with the apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Mix the spices with these juices which will create a mucus dissolving elixir.
- Activation of pressure points – in order to get temporary relief from the closed nasal passages if any of the options are not available then you should take a quick massage. Take a face massage for less than two minutes which will allow you to breathe better as the nasals will open up.
- Inhalation of steam – you need to inhale steam with few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus oil in hot water. This will break up the thick mucus present in the nasal. Now inhale the steam with your face down over the water. Make sure the steam does not go out so drape a towel on your head and inhale the steam.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – take two or three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and add it to a cup of hot water or tea in order to relieve the excess mucus present in the nasal. You can mix it with honey or lemon to get a better taste.
- Grapefruit seed extract – this is a natural antibiotic which is prepared from grinding of dried seeds of the grapefruit. You should administer this fine powder in a spray form. This will clear out the mucus present in the blocked nasal. Besides this it also prevents any microbial contamination entering in the inflamed sinus tissues.
Thus as the experts suggest, it is the sickness which has to be treated. You can also search allergy clinic near me on the web to find the best clinic to get best treatment.